Etage  N.jpg

P DISPLAY CASE

Community Involvement

The museum was run by the Lachine Society of Regional History in the early days, and many volunteers were involved. Exhibitions on regional history were presented at the Manoir. A natural science component was added in 1949 when a fish farm was set up on the grounds, and the Office de biologie du Québec built a laboratory there in 1950-51. The site drew crowds of visitors for close to a decade.


1. The Musée and Chemin de LaSalle, east view

About 1969, greeting card printed on paper, published by Roy Art, Montréal. Reproduction of a watercolour by René Duchesne signed at lower right: “René Duchesne - 69.” M2b/2,12


2. Maison converted to history museum

About 1950, postcard, B/W photo on paper. Printed at lower left: “Aquarium - Museum, Lachine, Que.” On the east side of the building: “MUSÉE LACHINE MUSEUM.” M2b/2,6


3. Maison LeBer-LeMoyne known as Le Manoir or the Musée, front view

About 1950, postcard, B/W photo on paper. Printed at lower left: “(37) ‘Le Manoir’, Musée, Chemin LaSalle.” At lower right: “Lachine, Qué.” M2B/2,8


4. Le Manoir, Lachine, Canada

About 1950, card printed in colour on paper. Printed at lower centre: “LE MANOIR LACHINE CANADA.” On the back, a brief history of the building in English and in French. M2b/1,3


5. Hardcover accession register

Used between 1948 and 1980 to register objects in the Musée collection. Lists items nos. 5 to 1,035. On the cover: “MANOIR LACHINE.” HO-4,1


6. Hardcover accession register

Used between 1948 and 1980 to register objects in the Musée collection. Lists items nos. 501 to 699. On the cover: “MINUTE BOOK.” HO-4,2